Sunday, December 11, 2011

How can I install Linux Mint 7 on a net book?

Please help! I am not happy with Windows XP and want to switch over to Linux Mint 7. The problem is, that I have a net book and do not know how to install Linux without a CD-Drive. Can I install it using a pen drive/ external hard drive? Please give me a detailed informatory paragraph with the exact steps.How can I install Linux Mint 7 on a net book?
Here is a link to how to install linux mint without a cd drive. You could run mint from the usb or do what they call a frugal install.

Did you check to see if the specs for the netbook are adequate for linux mint, or any other full linux distro?

You may need to use a linux distro that is customized for the netbook. Here ar some links that discuss various distros for the netbook

Good luckHow can I install Linux Mint 7 on a net book?
I found these two links extremely helpful:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/linux/create-a-bootable-ubuntu-usb-flash-drive-the-easy-way/

and

http://www.osnews.com/story/21808/Linux_Mint_7_Is_Glorious



Have fun!

d04ak

Report Abuse


I don't know much about Mint 7, but I know about Ubuntu. Ubuntu is a really great Linux OS, and is actually pre-installed on many newer netbooks in lieu of a windows OS!



Ubuntu can be run from a pen drive, just install it on the drive and plug it in, and during BIOS go to the boot menu and choose to boot from the thumb drive!



You can get Ubuntu Linux here: http://www.ubuntu.com/
  • rodents
  • need serious advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment