Sunday, December 11, 2011

How can i use my wireless network to connect to ththe net?

I just got a D-Link USB wireless network adapter for my computer so i could connect to our wireless network, It recognizes the network and connects to it, but the computer will not access the net, even when there are no computers on and using the network at the same time as it. I am using Windows XP and Ubuntu Linux on the computer and i can not access the internet on either of them. I have an apple airport express base station, i know that it is compatible with windows as my windows XP laptop connects to it, and my desktop will connect to the network it just won't connect to the internet, How can i fix the problem,



ThanksHow can i use my wireless network to connect to ththe net?
Hey Dan, I just got one too. I hope you got it for free after rebate. Anyways, you didn't really give enough details for me to answer, but I'm going to have to make some assumptions and give you a hint or two.



If both your PC and laptop are connected to your wireless router and your desktop can get to the net, then there is no reason your laptop can't get to the net if it got the signal like you said. So I'm assuming the desktop is connected to a separate ethernet router. In that case, make sure your wireless router is connected to the same ethernet router the same way your desktop does. Next, you'll have to log in to the wireless router and configure it as an access point only (basically disabling the routing function). Once you get that done, your notebook should connect. If you don't know how to configure the wireless router, you'll need a geek friend to help. Good luck!!How can i use my wireless network to connect to ththe net?
I know that Ubuntu has problems with wireless adapters, natively. you can go to www.ubuntuforums.org to read about the work-arounds for that. however, the XP issue concerns me. Is this your wireless network or someone elses? you may need to change some settings in your router to allow access from certain MAC addresses (your wireless adapter) to access the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment