Thursday, October 21, 2010

How do I make a butterfly net out of construction paper?

I am making a welcome sign for my summer school classroom and the theme is butterflies. I want to put a net on the door. I have cut-outs of butterflies to put on the door with the children's names. I want to make it look the net is catching the butterflies.How do I make a butterfly net out of construction paper?
You could use a paper towel tube as your handle (just a thought if you want to do something 3-D), for the net you could cut construction paper into thin strips and then weave them together (like for paper mats)...now I am talking THIN as in maybe the width of your finger.



Have fun and good luckHow do I make a butterfly net out of construction paper?
You could make a frame and handle from construction paper, with a net out of cheesecloth or part of a mesh laundry bag.
Get some netting from a fabric store. Very inexpensive.
cant you just buy one? (or are you poor)
i would go and buy a real butterfly net if you can find one. it would look really cool!

or you could make one out of netting [really cheap] and just attach it to some ring and attach that to a stick lol

then you could put some of the butterflies inside it.
you can purchase a cheap, lightweight one...local dollar store, or supermarkets, maybe...if not, the idea of making one from paper towel holder, pipe cleaners and cheesecloth, or going to the craft store...they'll have ideas there, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment