Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do you get your overhand serves net flat?

My serves are strong and flat, but I can't seem to get them net flat. It's not like I have trouble getting it over, but would I have to sacrifice my consistency over flatness?How do you get your overhand serves net flat?
Put the needle hole pointing directly downward. Take a little off of it. It will float and then dip down. If you put the needle hole to the left, then the ball will drift to the left and conversely for the right side. If you put it forward it will drift long, which you don't need unless you were outside and weak server. Unless they have totally made the ball even balanced it should work. This will also work for underhand serving. Also try snapping your wrist down a bit to give it top spin.



I hope it helps. This is what I was taught 30 years ago. I play recreational V-ball but, I don't have the skills or body to keep it up.



Have fun.How do you get your overhand serves net flat?
When I played volleyball in school I used to throw the ball up with a back spin and hit it forward: it resulted in a strong serve that always landed midway inside the opponents end. Don't know if this helps.
try placing your tossesa little bit ahead of you, and not very high. Making contact at the middle of the ball and hitting it out in front always gives me a flat serve, and it's not too drastic of a change of tehnique (probably).

No comments:

Post a Comment