Thursday, October 28, 2010

How long can I keep my swordtail freshwater fish in a breeder net?

I have had my baby swordtail fish in a breeder net for nearly a month now. While reading a different article it seemed that the person was suggesting too long in the net could stunt their growth. How long can I leave them with out causing this to happen? If I let them go right now my Killie fish will eat them.How long can I keep my swordtail freshwater fish in a breeder net?
When I used to breed livebearing fish, I used LOTS of live plants, artificial ';breeding grass'; and even a divider in one end of my tank to make sure the babies had plenty of places to hide. the divider had tiny holes the babies could get through, but the big ones couldn't. I still lost a few to hungry adults, but many survived to adulthood.How long can I keep my swordtail freshwater fish in a breeder net?
Killie fish are very aggressive and they will eventually outgrow living with swords. I would get a new larger tank for the killie fish and release the baby swords in with the other community fish.

Good luck!



Try Betta Barracks, it might be a bit bigger than the net:

http://www.hagen.com/canada/english/aqua鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment